Play together with - others at play.chunkcloud.net

Forums - How to reduce lag while playing on 1.8 and 1.8.1

How to reduce lag while playing on 1.8 and 1.8.1

FORUM > NETWORK NEWS AND ANNOUNCEMENTS > THREAD 102
How to reduce lag while playing on 1.8 and 1.8.1
Owner
Today we've succesfully updated to the full 1.8 Minecraft version! Yeah! Nearly everybody loves the update/reset because of the new fresh worlds with new or updated spawns, blocks, items and mobs.

Sadly, the one thing that makes the 1.8/1.8.1 version bad is that it's using more resources, and makes your Minecraft more laggy. In this short but very helpful new post, I'm going to show you how you can reduce the 1.8/1.8.1 lag.

The 'mod' that we're going to use to reduce the lag is called Optifine. You might have heard about it, or you might even have used it before, but down below you can find a full tutorial (with a video if you don't want to read) on how to install Optifine for 1.8/1.8.1.

1. First of, you have to go to optifine.net/downloads/ and download an Optifine version for 1.8 or 1.8.1. It doesn't matter which one you take, they all work the same way.

2. After you downloaded the file (OptiFine_1.8.x_xx_x_xx.jar), you simply click on the .jar file. This will open up a small popup screen. When this screen is loaded, simply press the "install" button, and you're ready to go!

3. Now after installing Optifine you have to open your Minecraft launcher. Most of the times the optifine version will be loaded automatically, but if that's not the case, just follow the next steps.

4. (if the optifine version didn't load automatically) To use the Optifine 1.8.x version of Minecraft, you have to change your current profile to Optifine. To do this, simply move your mouse to the bottom left corner and change "profile:" to "Optifine".

If done correctly, the Optifine 1.8.x version should be loaded in the bottom right corner. If you still don't see the Optifine 1.8.x version, go to the bottom left corner again, press "Edit Profile", go to "Use version:" and pick the version "release 1.8.x-optfine-xxxx".

If you still don't see any Optifine version of Minecraft, try step 2 and 3 again.

I know that some of you are really lazy and don't want to read, so I thought: let's just add a video on how to install Optifine.

Have fun playing Minecraft 1.8 on our server!
- Fabian, NLGameVideosNL
Page 1 of 1