Play together with - others at play.chunkcloud.net

Forums - Upcoming network update & changes - May/June

Upcoming network update & changes - May/June

FORUM > NETWORK NEWS AND ANNOUNCEMENTS > THREAD 388
Upcoming network update & changes - May/June
Owner
NEW INFO IS COLORED BLUE
BETA FEATURES WILL BE ADDED WITHIN A FEW DAYS!

We will soon update our servers to 1.12

Hey guys, time for another quick update.

Since the update a few things have changed and more changes will happen soon. I'm going to discuss pretty much all of the topics in this thread. Please read every sentence carefully to not miss any crucial information. I will update this post occasionally, so make sure to check back here every few days..

The gamemodes (factions will be removed)
You might have noticed it (or not) but ever since the update, the Survival and SkyBlock servers are pretty much the only servers which are being played on. Factions doesn't have any players online most of the day. Due to this reason, we have decided to remove Factions from our network and only focus on Survival and SkyBlock.

The Factions server will close permanently at the 1st of June.
The Factions server has been closed.

If you are a factions player, don't worry. You will - mostly - keep all of your items and builds. The Factions world will be moved to the Survival server as a second world where PVP will be enabled.

To make sure you don't lose any of your items, remove ALL items from your inventory, enderchest, auction and private vaults (/pv) and store them in a chest in your base. Once the world has been transferred to Survival, you will have to claim your former base with the claim shovel.

Your money and playtime will also get transferred to Survival and will be combined with your Survival data if any exists.

We know that only 2 servers will remain which is not a lot, but in the rest of this post you will read that Survival (and SkyBlock in the future) will be getting bigger, harder and more fun.

Survival
As I said in the Factions section, Survival "will be getting bigger, harder and more fun." What I mean with that is that Survival will become more challenging, yet it will be fun to play. Let me explain.

Right now, Survival is not really hard. You can easily buy anything you want in the shop and mobs are not that difficult to defeat. This (and other things) will change. You can find a list of already prepared changes down below.

Difficuly
The server difficulty is now set at 'Normal', this will change to 'Hard'. In hard mode, you lose hunger faster and monsters will be more aggressive and harder to defeat.

Harder mobs
Even though the difficulty will be changed to hard, we will make some of the monsters even harder. When a monster spawns (zombie, skeleton, spider, creeper, slime, witch and enderman) there's a 30% chance that they will spawn as stronger mobs with potion effects and (if possible) armor.

These monsters will have an increased health which will vary between 3 (1.5 hearts) to 15 (7.5 hearts) extra 'health'. This will require you to hit the monsters a few times more to kill them.

No more F3 location
To make survival a bit harder, we will remove the position indicator you see when you press F3. If you want to know your position, you must left-click a block with your compass while pressing the SHIFT key.

Bow
To use a bow you need arrow. Somehow in Minecraft, you can fire your bow while having arrows somewhere in your inventory. To fire your bow in the future, you need to load arrows in your off-hand. Not really a game changer, but it makes the bow just a bit more realistic.

Crafting recipes
Some of the crafting recipes for food are not realistic. For example, you can make a bread with just 3 wheat. What about sugar, eggs and water/milk? Same with cookies and many other items. To make crafting certain items/food more realistic, some recipes will change.

Don't worry, we will create a wiki page soon where you can find all the new recipes (and a lot more information)

No longer possible in 1.12

Thirst level and food
What do you need to survive? Right, water. What is missing from the game? You guessed it: A thirst level. Just like your hunger bar, you will need to make sure you stay hydrated by drinking enough fluids.

Don't just drink water from the sea, lake, or river, it's too salty and contains dangerous bacteria and other nasty things. You will need to 'purify' the water first by boiling it.

If you don't stay hydrated, you will slowly die from dehydration. I'm really curious to know why Mojang hasn't thought of a thirst level themselves...

Eating raw meat will give you all kinds of diseases in real life, that's why you always cook your meat first before eating it. In Minecraft, you only get poisoned when you eat raw chicken. The same effect you get from eating raw chicken will soon apply to any other raw meat that exists in the Minecraft world, so make sure to cook it first.

Grappling hook
Turn your fishing rod into a grappling hook, by crafting it with extra strong wire. With the grappling hook you can easily climb steep walls. Note that hooking into loose materials like dirt and sand won't work.

Be careful though, if you don't fully hook your grappling hook into the wall, you might end up falling to your death.

Custom Tekkit-like items
If you've read my previous post, you would've seen that I am working not just on the harder survival, but also on adding custom items to the server - items you might know from the modpack Tekkit (classic).

The items will use the same textures as they do with Tekkit and the crafting recipes stay mostly the same, though some might change a bit. Sadly it's not possible to stack custom items, so make sure you have enough chests ready to store everything ;).

Two new 'ores' will also be added to the game, Tin and Copper. However, since I can only add custom items to the server and not blocks, they won't spawn around the map. The only way to get these ores it to mine Iron and Gold ores. Every iron or gold ore you mine will have a small chance to drop either Tin or Copper ore. To make sure this can't be abused, placing down Iron and Gold ore will be disabled.

Because it is impossible to add real new items to the game without using a modded server jar and client, you can only add 'new' items to the game by using a resource pack. If you want to continue to play Survival, you will need to accept the server resource pack when you join. If you don't, you won't be allowed to enter the server.

It will take a while before the custom items will be added to the server, the other things mentioned in this list will be added way earlier - creating new items takes a lot of time.

I will post more about the custom items and other survival features soon.

Sadly, adding custom items like this will cause too many problems in the server.

Spawn
The spawn now has 2 portals, 1 for the 'build servers' and 1 for the 'minigame servers'. The last one has been disabled since the update and we don't expect it to re-open any time soon.

Since the update, our former sponsor Mexin Hosting hosted both of our minigames servers for free. Now that they closed their doors, we can't afford to buy extra servers to host the minigames servers on. They will maybe come back in the future, but I can't promise you that -
donating sure increases the chance of it returning.

Anyways, the spawn. The portals will change from position and will slightly move more towards facing the player after joining instead of being on the left and right side. The portals will also only teleport to either Survival or SkyBlock. It's not really a big change, but I want to mention it anyways.

New network name
I have been thinking about changing the network name to something more memorizable and fitting. Before I even attempt to change the name (which is a TON of work) I would like to know your opinions.

Should we change the name or keep it as it is? Let me know in a reply.

That's pretty much it for today guys, I really hope you like the upcoming changes. Please keep in mind that I don't have as much free time as I used to have, mainly cause of my internship but I still try to add new things every now and then.

Thanks for reading guys, have a great day!
- Fabian, NLGameVideosNL Network
Gold
Nice!
Will the normal and VIP ranks be updated to reflect those changes? (feed healing thirst, etc). Also, will we have a shop for the new items?

And leave the name as NLGVNL, it's easily recognizable :P
Gold
How will you disable F3 Coordinates if it is a client-side thing? Also, to keep the 'fairness' of the game i suggest that you should also make a reset so that the things they got 'easily' will be gone and new players along with old players will have some fairness
Emerald
All those memorys on factions :/
At least the server will be a much better and unique place

And also why cant you replace factions server with a minigame?
Owner
TheNazgul said:
Nice! Will the normal and VIP ranks be updated to reflect those changes? (feed healing thirst, etc). Also, will we have a shop for the new items? And leave the name as NLGVNL, it's easily recognizable :P

@TheNazgul No, ranks won't change and no, custom items won't be sold in the shop. Matter of fact, even less items will be sold in the shop after the update.

SwagMC123 said:
How will you disable F3 Coordinates if it is a client-side thing? Also, to keep the 'fairness' of the game i suggest that you should also make a reset so that the things they got 'easily' will be gone and new players along with old players will have some fairness

@SwagMC123 It's possible to reduce the amount of info you can see on the debug screen, even if it's a client side thing. No we won't reset the maps, I don't really see the point of doing that anyways.

Xxben2xX said:
All those memorys on factions :/ At least the server will be a much better and unique place And also why cant you replace factions server with a minigame?

@Xxben2xX We could turn the factions server into a minigames server, but I don't have time for that right now. Maybe after the upcoming update.
Emerald
Okay
Iron
i used to love factions so much, and memories will be memories. and the survival update is great, it's more realistic. i hope this go so well. goodluck fabian :D
Bedrock
Wow that update will sure approve this server is a survival server, I love it to be honest :)
Diamond
Well thats great since no one plays factions but can you add a minigame that people mostly like like the bridge (nexus)
Also dont change the name of the network please its attractive
Endstone
Wow that really is game changing this update, but the only thing is, I won't be able to use my custom resource pack ;-; well anyway its not like the whole world could explode but the update seems really interesting, and maybe custom enchants could be a nice idea atm, since all these changes came, but idk if there r any for survival :/ well anyway I'm out cya
Iron
Wow, so much change. Sadly, I don't get to play as much myself anymore but I look forward to most of the updates. Never a lover of Factions I am happy to see that Survival will give Faction lovers a new home and that Skyblock (also not my main area of play) is still being loved and played. I look forward to the updates and hope that it will re-excite the old players along with attracting new ones.

Please don't change the name, I love NLG. It is the best server I have ever played and that is what makes it memorable in name.
Endstone
OMG I just realised something, the Factions playtime! My playtime! nooooooooo, will we get it back poep? Please tell me we will get it back coz like a lotta people could have lost a lot of their playtime, mine was around 15k~16k :(
Gold
Hi, I kinda agree with the thirst level. BUT if you want some feedback:
I have to go to my storage every 2 min to drink water when i'm building, because I carry all these building materials so I can't spare a lot of room in my inventory for glass bottles. Could you make them stackable OR make it that we can use watermelons (that are stackable) even when the hungerbar is full. That would help a lot.
Owner
KayThxByee said:
Hi, I kinda agree with the thirst level. BUT if you want some feedback: I have to go to my storage every 2 min to drink water when i'm building, because I carry all these building materials so I can't spare a lot of room in my inventory for glass bottles. Could you make them stackable OR make it t...

I'll think of a way to carry more drinkable water at once.
Coal
Personally i like all the changes, except the thirst level. It depletes so fast, i have to stop building everytime to drink or i die. It's so annoying i play less...I wonder if i'm the only one
Blancch said:
Personally i like all the changes, except the thirst level. It depletes so fast, i have to stop building everytime to drink or i die. It's so annoying i play less...I wonder if i'm the only one

There are going to be some bottles added that contain more water, so you can drink a few times + the thist level drain rate has been lowered as well.
Gold
great to hear :)
Page 1 of 1